Parent Involvement- Be a VIP! (Very Involved Parent!)
Quitman Elementary welcomes and encourages parents to be a partner in their child's education. Resources to help your child academically succeed are available at the school for check-out.
The benefits of being involved?
- Perform better on standardized tests
- Earn better grades
- Feel better about themselves and about school
- Have good social skills
- Continue their education after high school
- Have a closer and more enjoyable relationship with your child
- Understand your child better
- Identify and resolve problem behaviors sooner
- Feel more confident in your parental role and in making decisions for the family.
Opportunities for Parents!
Below are opportunities for parents to be involved at Quitman Elementary. Talk with your child's teacher to learn more! We welcome YOU to Quitman Elementary!
- Parent Teacher Organizations (PTO)
- School Council
- Parent Partners Committee
- Parent Volunteers
- Parent Workshops
- Parent Luncheons
- Open House
- Parent Information Nights
- Student Performance Nights
- Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Books Fairs
- Fall/Spring Festivals
- Academic Festivals
- Award Ceremonies
- Chaperoning field trips
- CrossPointer- Parent Computer Program to check grades and assignments