The Brooks County School System is an award winning school district that serves approximately 2440 students in one of five facilities: Brooks County High School (grades 9-12), Brooks County Middle School (grades 6-8), Quitman Elementary School (grades PreK-5), North Brooks Elementary School (PreK-5), and the Academic Enhancement Program located in the Board of Education Annex. With the exception of North Brooks Elementary, all facilities are located in the county seat of Quitman. North Brooks Elementary is located 12 miles northeast of Quitman in Morven, Georgia. The Brooks County Academic Enhancement Program is the district's Alternative Education Program that serves grades 6-12. The Alternative Program is additional avenue to support students continuation of academic progression. Brooks County's Academic Enhancement Program is a leader in the state for its innovative teaching techniques to help students graduate on time.
The Brooks County School System has obtained District Accreditation with distinction by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS-CASI).
Brooks County Schools is the proud recipient of the Georgia Department of Education Title 1 Distinguished District - Small Category for the 2009-2010 School-Year! The Georgia Department of Education recognizes each year school districts that have made the greatest gains in the meeting or exceeding state standards on assessments administered in the previous year compared to assessments administered in the current school year. Brooks County Middle School was named a 2011 National Title I Distinguished School for closing the achievement gap between economically disadvantaged students and students that are not economically disadvantaged.
Educating all children by providing quality instruction in a safe environment.
Creating a system of excellence for all learners
1. Attaining high student achievement and success
2. Developing organizational effectiveness
3. Ensuring student, staff, and community satisfaction.
- High student achievement and success for all learners
- Quality instruction with research-based and data driven decisions
- High quality professional learning
- Efficient and effective systems of operations
- High quality teachers with commitment and dedication
- Effective communications among all stakeholders
- A safe and orderly learning environment for all students
- A strong partnership among parents, community members, and other stakeholders.